Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cruisin

I guess it is better late than never... For Christmas Kory's parents took us on a Cruise. We were so so excited and had a lot of fun.
We drove to San Diego and the kids were amazing. First stop after we got there was Sea World. I have to say that was my favorite part. It was SUNNY and 80 degrees. Having lived in California until I was 15, I was in heaven, I am a wimp when it comes to cold and snow. Ben, a boy after my own heart, fell in love with San Diego too and is planning on moving there when he is grown. He said a hundred times, and many times since. Ben and Seth looking at the beluga whales. It was to first stop and they couldn't believe it.

The sea otters. Dang Ben wouldn't let me get a good picture of of all three of my boys.

Petting the sharks, with grandpa and Aunt Marissa.


Watching the dolphins.



Touching the sea stars.




Sea Turtle, I think these things are so cool.


Josh and "Unca", Kory's brother Kristofer. Look at Josh's reflection. Love it!



Ben after the Atlantis ride, he had gone on the rapids just before so he was soaked. We where dumb and went at the end.




Cute. Kory got wet on the ride too, although it does look like that something else might have happened.



Waiting for the Shamu Show. It is so amazing what they do with these Killer whales. It kept saying who was the crazy person who first thought "lets train these animals".
I was about to get a good picture of Ben but, no, grandpa had to be silly. You notice he lost his tooth. His other tooth was loose and later that night we walked into Target and he pulled it out too, so the tooth fairy found us in San Diego.

He is such a goof, I should have put the picture in I took before this one. He wanted a picture of his hair.



The next afternoon we headed to Long Beach to board the ship. We walked around, found our cabins and set sail. I was sick... I felt like I had vertigo anytime the ship was moving. I did not like it very much. I bought sea bands and had acupuncture done, it helped for a while but as long as the ship was moving I was dizzy, queasy and very disoriented.

The first stop was Catalina Island.

Our Ship the Carnival Paradise

We had to ride a ferry to get to the Island.

On the Island. It was kind of chilly so we all had to wear jackets.(the whole cruise)
Isn't this guy handsome?


Catalina was mostly shopping, which my boys (Kory included) don't like. We decided the kids would like a glass bottom boat ride. It was cool to see the bottom of the ocean, fish and kelp.
Cute Josh dropped the lid to my chap stick on the glass. I wonder how they got it out.

Looking at the fish.
The boat driver said they have a special "snow" cap mountain here at the island. The lady sitting next to us asked how does that happen? Her husband explained to her.

Chillin on the boat.
While we were "docked" at Catalina at least 100 dolphins swam past the ship. It is hard to see in the picture. It was awesome.
Seth showing off his dance moves.



The Cruise had a cool water slide and Ben was in heaven, he is a fish. Nobody else went swimming we just sat and watched in our jackets. The next day he said my legs hurt. I wonder why he climbed the stairs probably 50 times.
Next stop Ensanda Mexico.


Beautiful.

We went a saw El Bufador. One of only 4 natural blowholes in the world. (Now I have seen two)
It was pretty cool.
Watching and waiting for it to blow.
Form our shopping trip. NACHOOOOO!
It was a lot of fun, but next time no kids. Hehe!

No comments: